The Fast & The Furriest® 2015Last year was our biggest and most successful event ever and we hope to shatter those records again this year! Mark your calendar for Saturday, June 6, 2015, for The Fast & The Furriest® Race, Walk & Pet Fest. Join us for our 9th Annual 10K, 5K, dog walk, and pet festival, which will again feature live music, food trucks, sponsor giveaways, vendors, pet contests, and a variety of activities for you, your family and your pets. Come out and help us celebrate our love of animals and our city.
The event is located at Rochester Animal Services, 184 Verona Street, Rochester NY 14608 and Brown Square Park, which is right across the street. There is free parking (although donations are appreciated) in the Kodak / Carestream Lot D on the corner of Brown Street and Verona Street, with access from Oak Street.
Special Features For 2015
- Free Rabies Vaccinations (9:00 am - 1:00 pm)
- Microchip Clinic for only $20 (dogs and cats eligible)
- Discounted pet adoptions at Rochester Animal Services ($10 cats and $20 dogs)
- Food Truck Rodeo
- Play Yard Demonstration
- Rescue Groups on site
We’ve Got Fundraising Prizes
|If You Raise||You Win|
|$35||The Fast & The Furriest® T-Shirt|
|$150||Automatic Open Umbrella|
|$250||Full Zip Hoodie Sweatshirt|
Runners will have two great flat and fast courses through the picturesque City of Rochester to choose from. Both courses are certified to be accurate by USATF (NY07102KL [10K] and NY11101KL [5K]).
Run Registration Fees, Times and Awards – Registration will Open in January 2015
We encourage all runners to fundraise for the shelter animals at Rochester Animal Services either individually or with a team.
- $25 pre-event registration and $30 on event day
- Start Time is 8:00 am
- 10K Awards: Top 3 male and female finishers win $100, $75 $50 Fleet Feet gift certificates; gift certificates for $15 - $40 are also awarded to top 3 male and female finishers in each age group.
- $20 pre-event registration $25 on event day
- Start Time is 8:15 am
- 5K Awards: Top male and female finishers each receive a $50 gift certificate; medals will be awarded to the top male and female finishers in each age group.
Event day registration begins at 7:00 a.m. Avoid lines by pre-registering online.
5K & 10K runners can pick up their race packets at either Fleet Feet location from 10am - 7pm on Thursday, June 4th and Friday, June 5th. Any packets not picked up will be available at race registration at 7 am on Saturday, June 6th.
Dog Walk Information – Registration will Open in January 2015
Walk our ~1-mile dog walk with or without your dog in support of Rochester Animal Services’ shelter animals and pet adoption. Register online. Your first $35.00 raised counts towards your registration fee AND entitles you to our first fundraising prize – The Fast & The Furriest® t-shirt. Not interested in raising funds? Simply remit the registration form to VSAS or bring your $35.00 with you on event day.
Please note that all walk registrants MUST register online or remit a paper registration in order to participate in the event.
Fundraising – Registration will Open in January 2015
Runners and Walkers are encouraged to fundraise individually or as a team. A team can be composed of walkers, runners, non-participant fundraisers or any combination thereof.
Can't make it to this year's event, but want to help the shelter animals? Become an online fundraiser and be eligible to receive all of our great pledge-level prizes.
All fundraisers are encouraged to fundraise online to simplify the process and reduce costs; however, you can also use our pledge form.
Please help us help the shelter animals at Rochester Animal Services by forming a team today. Here’s how to get started:
- Create your team; if you are a runner you must first register as a runner
- Designate one person as team captain
- Recruit team members
- Direct each member to register and select your team during the registration process
- Start gathering pledges online or download a pledge form
- Make team t-shirts (optional)
- Plan your strategy for leading the pack
- Raise funds throughout the year to increase your impact
- Consider bake sales, garage sales, bottle drives, third-party fundraisers, etc. to boost your team earnings
- Have FUN and THANK YOU
Volunteer Opportunities - Will Open in January 2015
Everyday volunteers make a world of difference for Rochester Animal Services. We need a lot of help to make this event a fun and successful time for everyone involved. We need everything from parking attendants to race marshals.
Please sign up to choose your hours and volunteer activities for this year’s event. If you have questions regarding volunteering, please contact us at email@example.com or at 585-237-8366.
By sponsoring The Fast & The Furriest®, your business can heighten its corporate image, show community support, and increase brand awareness while reaching concerned and committed participants from the Greater Rochester area. Your support sends a message that your company is a recognized partner in this important community effort that reaches a broad demographic of pet owners who are concerned with the welfare of animals in their community. The following sponsorship packages are available. You can find our available packages on our Sponsorship page. If interested in participating as a sponsor, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
2014 The Fast & The Furriest Results
|Team Fundraiser Winners||
Verona Street Walkers raised $7,326
Team Hattie (and Binx) raised $4,616
The Pokey Lowki's raised $3,762
|Individual Fundraiser Winners||1) Carol Giotto $2,250 participating on Team Hattie (and Binx)
2) Brittany Broderick $2,134 participating on The Pokey Lowki's
3) Kathy Amberge $1,800 participating on The Verona Street Walkers
4) Susie Kopitzi $1,313 participating on The Pokey Lowki's
5) Diedra Kirk $1,015 participating on VSAS Board of Directors
6) Michael Lanzillo $910 participating on Roc City Bullies
|2014 Photos||A special thanks to our photographers, Matt Berniums, Liz Kowaluk, Eugene Kowaluk, Russ Marchese & Tara Urbanovitch. There are so many great photos for you to enjoy, please visit our Gallery.|