The Fast & The Furriest® 2015
The event is located at Rochester Animal Services, 184 Verona Street, Rochester NY 14608 and Brown Square Park, which is right across the street. There is free parking (although donations are appreciated) in the Kodak / Carestream Lot D on the corner of Brown Street and Verona Street, with access from Oak Street.
Last year was our biggest and most successful event eregisver and we hope to shatter those records again this year! Mark your calendar for Saturday, June 6, 2015, for The Fast & The Furriest® Races, Dog Walk & Pet Fest Presented by Buckingham Properties. Join us for our 9th Annual 10K, 5K, dog walk, and pet festival, which will again feature live music, food trucks, sponsor giveaways, vendors, pet contests, and a variety of activities for you, your family and your pets. Come out and help us celebrate our love of animals and our city.
Special Features For 2015Free Rabies Vaccinations (9:00 am - 1:00 pm)
Microchip Clinic for only $20 (dogs and cats eligible)
Discounted pet adoptions at Rochester Animal Services ($10 cats and $20 dogs)
Food Truck Rodeo
Play Yard Demonstration
Rescue Groups on site
We’ve Got Fundraising Prizes
|If You Raise||You Win|
|$ 35||The Fast & The Furriest® T-Shirt|
|$ 150||Automatic Open Umbrella|
|$ 250||Full Zip Hoodie Sweatshirt|
|$ 2,000||Tablet Computer|
Runners will have two great flat and fast courses through the picturesque City of Rochester to choose from. Both courses are certified to be accurate by USATF (NY07102KL [10K] and NY11101KL [5K]).
Because the 5K and 10K races are sanctioned by USA Track & Field ("USATF"), all runners are required to sign and waiver and release of liability with regard to USATF. The USATF waiver and release will be available for runners to sign at Fleet Feet when they pick up their race packets. If you wish to review the USATF waiver and release ahead of pick up, you can dowload a copy.
Run Registration Fees, Times and Awards
We encourage all runners to fundraise for the shelter animals at Rochester Animal Services either individually or with a team.
- $25 pre-event registration and $30 on event day
- Start Time is 8:00 am
- 10K Awards: Top 3 male and female finishers win $100, $75 $50 Fleet Feet gift certificates; gift certificates for $15 - $40 are also awarded to top 3 male and female finishers in each age group.
- $20 pre-event registration $25 on event day
- Start Time is 8:15 am
- 5K Awards: Top male and female finishers each receive a $50 gift certificate; medals will be awarded to the top male and female finishers in each age group.
Event day registration begins at 7:00 a.m. Avoid lines by pre-registering online.
5K & 10K Runners will be asked to choose their pick up location upon registering online or offline. Runners can pick up their race packets at either Fleet Feet location from 11am - 7pm on Friday, June 5th. Any packets not picked up will be available at race registration at 7 am on Saturday, June 6th.
Dog Walk Information
Walk our ~1-mile dog walk with or without your dog in support of Rochester Animal Services’ shelter animals and pet adoption. Register online. Your first $35.00 raised counts towards your registration fee AND entitles you to our first fundraising prize – The Fast & The Furriest® t-shirt. Not interested in raising funds? Simply remit the registration form to VSAS or bring your $35.00 with you on event day.
Please note that all walk registrants MUST register online or remit a paper registration in order to participate in the event.
Runners and Walkers are encouraged to fundraise individually or as a team. A team can be composed of walkers, runners, non-participant fundraisers or any combination thereof.
Can't make it to this year's event, but want to help the shelter animals? Become an online fundraiser and be eligible to receive all of our great pledge-level prizes.
All fundraisers are encouraged to fundraise online to simplify the process and reduce costs; however, you can also use our pledge form.
Please help us help the shelter animals at Rochester Animal Services by forming a team today. Here’s how to get started:
- Create your team; if you are a runner you must first register as a runner
- Designate one person as team captain
- Recruit team members
- Direct each member to register and select your team during the registration process
- Start gathering pledges online or download a pledge form
- Make team t-shirts (optional)
- Plan your strategy for leading the pack
- Raise funds throughout the year to increase your impact
- Consider bake sales, garage sales, bottle drives, third-party fundraisers, etc. to boost your team earnings
- Have FUN and THANK YOU
Everyday volunteers make a world of difference for Rochester Animal Services. We need a lot of help to make this event a fun and successful time for everyone involved. We need everything from parking attendants to race marshals.
Please sign up to choose your hours and volunteer activities for this year’s event. If you have questions regarding volunteering, please contact us at email@example.com or at 585-237-8366.
Sign up online today!
Corporate Sponsorship & Vendor Opportunities
By sponsoring The Fast & The Furriest®, your business can heighten its corporate image, show community support, and increase brand awareness while reaching concerned and committed participants from the Greater Rochester area. Your support sends a message that your company is a recognized partner in this important community effort that reaches a broad demographic of pet owners who are concerned with the welfare of animals in their community.You can find our available packages on our Sponsorship page. If you have questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If interested in participating as a sponsor, please sign and return the Sponsor Contract Form with payment.
- If interested in participating as a vendor, please sign and return the Vendor Contract Form with payment.
Thank you to all our sponsors.
|Presenting Sponsor:||Race Sponsor:||Shelter Sponsor:||Award Sponsor:|
|Media Sponsors:||Food Bowl Sponsor:|
Forever Home Sponsors:
Working Dog Sponsors:
|Shelter Friend Sponsor:|
|Henry Schein Animal Health
|Merzbach Law Offices
Family First Credit Union
|Rochester Home Builders Association
Foster Friend Sponsors:
Judy Graper Travel, Inc.
2014 The Fast & The Furriest Results
|Team Fundraiser Winners||
Verona Street Walkers raised $7,326
Team Hattie (and Binx) raised $4,616
The Pokey Lowki's raised $3,762
|Individual Fundraiser Winners||1) Carol Giotto $2,250 participating on Team Hattie (and Binx)
2) Brittany Broderick $2,134 participating on The Pokey Lowki's
3) Kathy Amberge $1,800 participating on The Verona Street Walkers
4) Susie Kopitzi $1,313 participating on The Pokey Lowki's
5) Diedra Kirk $1,015 participating on VSAS Board of Directors
6) Michael Lanzillo $910 participating on Roc City Bullies
|2014 Photos||A special thanks to our photographers, Matt Berniums, Liz Kowaluk, Eugene Kowaluk, Russ Marchese & Tara Urbanovitch. There are so many great photos for you to enjoy, please visit our Gallery.|