Everyday volunteers make a world of difference for Rochester
Animal Services. We need a lot of help to make this event a fun
and successful time for everyone involved. We need everything
from parking attendants to race marshals.
Please sign up to choose your hours and activities for this year’s The Fast & The Furriest® Race, Walk & Pet Fest Presented by American K-9 Training Services. If you have questions regarding volunteering, please contact us at VSASinc@gmail.com or at 585-727-2533.
Save the Date
Mark your for Saturday June 7, 2014 for The Fast & The Furriest® Race, Walk & Pet Fest Presented by American K-9 Training Services. Join us for our 8th Annual 10K, 5K, dog walk, and pet festival which will again feature live music, food, sponsor giveaways, vendors, pet contests, and a variety of activities for you and your pets. Help us celebrate our love of animals and our city!
Thank you to all of our sponsors that make this event a success!
Special Features for 2014
• Free Rabies Vaccinations (9:00 am - 1:00 pm)
• Microchip Clinic for only $20 (dogs & cats eligible)
• Discounted adoptions $10-kittens & cats / $20-puppies & dogs
• Food Trucks & Food Vendors
• Introduction of The Play Yard at Rochester Animal Services
• Rescue Groups on site
We've got fundraising prizes!
|$30||The Fast & The Furriest® T-Shirt|
|$100||Choice RAS/VSAS cold drink bottle or grocery bag PLUS T-shirt|
|$250||RAS/VSAS windbreaker jacket PLUS T-shirt.|
|$2,500||Choice of 42" Flat Screen TV, E-Reader or Tablet|
5K & 10K Information
Two great flat and fast courses through the picturesque City of Rochester to choose from. Both courses are certified to be accurate by USATF NY07102KL (10K) and NY11101KL (5K).
5K Race Map | 10K Race Map
Run Registration Fees, Times and Awards
We encourage all runners to also fundraise for the animals either individually or with a team.
• $20 pre-event registration and $25 on event day
• Start Time is 8:00 am
• 10K Awards: Top 3 male and females win $100, $75 $50 gift certificates; gift certificates also awarded to top 3 male and female in each age group.
• $15 pre-event registration $20 on event day
• Start Time is 8:15 am
• 5K Awards: Top male and female finisher receives $50 gift certificates; medals will be awarded to the top male and female finishers in each age group.
Avoid lines by pre-registering online, event day registration begins at 7:00 a.m.
1 Mile Dog Walk Information
Walk our 1 mile dog walk with or without your dog in support of our animals and pet adoption. You can register online free of charge.
Your first $30.00 raised counts towards your registration fee AND entitles you to our first fundraising price – The Fast & The Furriest® tshirt.
Not interested in raising funds? Simply remit the online or registration form to VSAS or bring your $30.00 with you on event day.
Please note that all walk registrants MUST register online or remit a paper registration in order to participate in the event.
Runners and Walkers are encouraged to fundraise individually or as a team! A team can be composed of walkers, runners, non-participant fundraisers and any combination thereof.
Can't make it to this year's event, but want to help the animals? Become a non-participatory online fundraiser and be eligible to receive all of our great pledge level prizes.
All fundraisers are encouraged to fundraise online to simplify the process and costs, however, you can also use our pledge form.
Please help us help the animals by forming a team today.
- Designate one person as team captain
- Create your team, if you are a runner you must first register as a runner
- Recruit team members
- Direct each member to register and select your team
- Start gathering pledges online or by downloading a pledge form
- Make team t-shirts (optional)
- Plan your strategy for leading the pack
- Raise funds throughout the year to increase your impact
- Consider bake sales, garage sales, bottle drives, third-party fundraisers, etc. to boost your team earnings
- Have FUN!
Corporate Sponsorship & Vendor InformationIf you are interested in getting involved with the event as a corporate sponsor, please review the sponsorship opportunities and contact us at VSASinc@gmail.com or 585-727-2533.
If you are interested in joining us as an event vendor, please review our vendor information. If you have any questions regarding vendor opportunities you can email the Vendor Coordinator.
Still have questions about the event? Check out our Frequently Asked Questions
|Team Competition Winner||Team Hattie|
|2013 Photos||A special thanks to our photographers, Matthew Bernius and Andrea Basso. We have posted just a small selection of the hundreds of photos taken. Please check out their photos that capture the fun and excitement of the entire event.|